If you haven’t noticed, Jennifer Garner’s stardom has expanded well into the cooking realm. From hearty mains, healthy salads, to the most delicious desserts, the actress’ cooking show, well, #pretendcookingshow, is the latest destination to get your homemade #foodinspo from.
Inspired by a Taste of Homerecipe, her brekkie takes less than 10 minutes to whip up and is made with simple wholesome ingredients (think tart green apples, crunchy almonds, creamy milk and a pinch of cinnamon). According to Garner herself, she’s completely mastered the recipe, thanks to a helpful tip from her gal pal Ina Garten.
“Ina Garten says the trick to learning how to cook is finding something you eat and making it over and over again—maybe this time try half water/half almond milk? Or instead of brown sugar, drizzle some maple syrup? That’s how you gain a little confidence. And that’s me and my favorite winter oatmeal,” she writes.
Do yourself a favour a indulge in your own bowl of Garner-goodness, and if you’re too ceebs to actually recreate it, then watching the actress make her way around the kitchen as she whistles, growls and fake laughs is enough to perk up your mood.
Jennifer Garner’s Oh-So-Good Oatmeal recipe
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- Dash salt
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Maple syrup and/or milk of your choice, optional
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add the apples, oats and salt; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat; stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes. Sprinkle each serving with almonds. Serve with maple syrup and/or milk if desired.